Last week Microsoft Learning announced that it has reinvented its certification program to directly address technology’s evolution to the cloud.
Why is Microsoft changing the Microsoft Certification program?
- Microsoft’s new certifications help bridge the IT skills gap as new jobs are created by the cloud demand deeper understanding and more rigorous trainings.
- As Microsoft technology moves to the cloud, so does its certification program.
What key changes is Microsoft making to the program?
- Microsoft Certification Program is raising the bar, evolving with the cloud to ensure relevance and competitive advantage in the industry.
- Microsoft Certifications now validate a broader and deeper set of skills to build Microsoft technology solutions in the cloud or on-premise, a more comprehensive approach than certifications about individual components or aspects of a single Microsoft technology.
What do the new certification acronyms MCSA, MCSE or MCSM stand for?
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate(MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer(MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MCSM).
What do the new skill levels and certifications encompass?
- The Associate Level comprises the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification, which provides a clear starting point for job seekers early in their technology career. It represents a foundation and is the prerequisite certification necessary to earn an MCSE.
- The Expert Level comprises the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or its developer equivalent, Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), and is Microsoft’s flagship certification for individuals who want to lead their organization’s transition to the cloud. These certifications recognize IT professionals and developers with broad and deep skill sets across Microsoft solutions.
- The Master Level is the Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MCSM) certification that differentiates the select few from their peers and represents the highest bar of knowledge and skills validation.
The best path to cloud certifications is to complete your Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) – or Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) certification and upgrade to the equivalent MCSE certifications when they become available with the “Two for One” exam offer.